Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Story Telling

 
The Storyboard in which i created was using the images in which I recieved for the assignment and than in my head i drew out a story based around the images. The first story I came up with was based upon a soccer sceen and a man praying. I tried to relate the two by having the man prey for his son to perfom well during the soccer game. I used the image of the prayer man to start the story. As the story built the other image were of boys in a attempt to block a soccer penanlty kick. The team was unsucessful in blocking the shot and loss to a girls soccer team. After coming up with the idea and playing around with it in my sketch book I googled searched images that would connect the story and have it make sense. I am pleased in the way the story came out. I had diffiuclty finding the exact images in which I imagained in my head and how the story would go. However, i was able to find images in which helped the story make sense and connect the two images in which were assigned. Overall, I am pleased in the way the story came out. 

My second story I created was to only use one image and create a story around it. The image I chose was of the girl in the lemon orchard. The reasoning for choosing this was because my mother grew up on a lemon farm and I go to the farm to visit my grandparents. The story in which I created was actually a true story. One time on the farm I went and picked a bucket full of lemons. We left the next day and went back to San Diego with the bucket of lemons in the back of the car. Once in San Diego my Mom helped me take the lemons and create lemonade. With the lemonade I sold it at the beach and made 25.00 dollars. I was excited with the amount of money I made at a young age. I wanted to demonstrate my own life experience and create a similar story. However, the image in which i had to use was of a little girl. I framed the idea of the little girl with my own life lessons to create the story of the little girl gathering lemons and setting up a lemonade stand. I am pleased in the way this story came out. 
If I had more time I think I would of tried to Google search a image of the process of converting lemons into lemonade. At first I was confused on how to create stories with the unique pictures in which were assigned. Although with a little thought process and playing around with different story topics I am pleased with the overall outcome of the storyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment