Thursday, December 2, 2010

multivariate display





When creating my multivariate display I looked around the room for inspiration. Since I live with three other roommates and we are college kids take out food is often ordered a lot. Everyone in our room has their own favorite spot and type of pizza in which they enjoyed. I decided to interview my three roommates on what their favorite Bristol, RI pizza place was and what sort of pizzas they ordered. After interviewing my roommates, I took the information in which I received from them and continued to investigate the price of pizza compared to the three spots. I wanted to create a chart to compare price of the same type of pizza offered from local Bristol Pizza spots. Simple pizza such as the cheese was found to be cheaper than specialty pizzas such as BBQ Chicken and Buffalo Chicken. The prices I realized after creating the chart were similar however some were lower than others. No place was incredibly cheaper than another. In the end it comes down to a person taste on what is their favorite pizza spot and not so much the price. However, there is a price difference between spots. If I had more time I would try to gather even more information and compare the spots across their entire menus. Overall I am pleased in the way the project came out and even printed out the graph and placed in on the fridge for my roommates to view before next time ordering pizza.  

No comments:

Post a Comment