Sunday, October 3, 2010

Concept Map



Concept Map Point Loma Surfing
What was I trying to accomplish?
In creating the concept map I wanted to create a map in which a person could use to figure out what is needed and where to surf in Point Loma, CA. I have lived my entire life in Point Loma and have spent many hours in the water and at the beach. I wanted to have a map in which a person who wanted to know where to buy surf gear, spots to surf, and information about the water and its temperature could use and figure out. I also wanted to show off the variety in surf boards in which people could use to go out surfing for different conditions. Surfing was my main focus and the rest came from the concept of surfing in Point Loma.

If I could do something different?

Overall I actually really enjoyed the concept map of surfing in my local neighborhood. If I could however change my concept map I would create one with the concept of surfing all areas in San Diego. The map would then include Mission Beach, Pacific Beach, La Jolla, Del Mar and more beach towns up the coast. I think this would allow people to really have a understanding of the surf culture in San Diego and how many spots and shops there truly are. Since San Diego is located in the capital of the Action Sports industry it plays a large role in the society of SD.

If I had more time??

If I had more time in creating the concept map of Point Loma surfing I would try to add actual images of some of the surf areas and store fronts in which the concept map talks about. I think it would be cool if someone could look at the concept map and if they were to visit Point Loma they would be able to recognize some of the store names, or surf spots such as the OB Pier mentioned in the concept map. My hand drawn images gives the person the idea of ocean but not the actual feeling of Point Loma and surfing.

Overall I am very proud though of the way in which the map came out and the colors and pattern of it. I think if one were to be in Point Loma and wanted to surf this map would help them idenity a way in which to get around and get the proper surf board, gear and spot to surf for that day to enjoy the perfect surf break and ride of their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment